John L Jones, candidate for New Mexico House District 30 in Albuquerque, has more than 44 years of leadership experience. He is retired from two different careers.
A 23 year Navy veteran, he retired in 1997 as a Supply Corps Commander. He then led the Entranosa Water & Wastewater Association in the East Mountains for 21 years, bringing a safe, clean, supply of drinking water to those in need, in an area where good water is sometimes problematic.
His professional and community work include:
- Founding member, and Chair, Governing Council of East Mountain Charter High School in Sandia Park
- Five years, executive committee, East Mountain Chamber of Commerce, including one year as President
- Fourteen years, Estancia Basin Water Planning Committee, three years as Chair
- Five years, Interstate Stream Commission ad hoc committee on regional water planning
- Twenty-two years, board member, New Mexico Rural Water Association, three years as President. Ongoing.
- Five years, member of the board, National Rural Water Association, representing New Mexico. Ongoing.
- EPA Environmental Finance Advisory Board
A proud graduate of Santa Fe High School and the University of New Mexico, he earned master of arts degrees from both the Naval War College and Salve Regina College in 1991 in Newport RI.
John and his wife Janice have lived in the District since 1994. They have two grown children, the smartest granddaughter in the world, a red healer and one cat.